1.31.2007

Downtown Mesa has a fabulous antique store that I frequent.
After lunch with David on Monday,
I stopped by to see if there was anything for our
pathetically bare blue walls in the master bedroom.
I found some exceptional things,
including a stained glass window
that I thought of putting over our bed but it was in pretty bad shape.
However, I bought this old painting for $30 and found
. . . duh duh duh DUHHH . . .
a 1929 copyrighted "The Sugar Plum Tree"
by Eugene Field for $5.
I was so very happy.
It is lovely and I have read it about 20 times already.
Still looking for
"Wynken Blynken and Nod,
The Calico Cat and The Gingham Dog and
The Sugar Plum Tree"

all in the same book with the really wonderful vintage illustrations.
Let me know if you find it.

1 comment:

Michelle @ Twig said...

You know I would frequent it with you if I was there...but for now I just have June memories of great antique shopping!