Bornholm again . . .(I'd like to interject that I am fully aware that my Europe Trip Blogging Saga 2006 is completely out of order. I'm strictly blogging the pictures that I am in the mood to post that day. You'll be okay though, right?)
So, like I was saying before I was rudely interjected by myself, "Bornholm again . . . " Yes, I think I've fallen in love with this delightful island of Denmark. These castle ruins were at the tip of the island. They were fascinating! I loved going there because within the walls was a pond . . .
I have the imagination of a 4-year-old, wide-eyed and princess-aspiring girl (namely: my niece, Claire Elizabeth -- she wasn't named after me for nothin'!) Whenever I go to places like this castle in Bornholm, I tend to imagine that I lived in that castle hundreds of years ago. I wore a flowing blue dress (to
match my "yellow hair") and walked within the palace walls picking flowers and dancing with the wind and birds.I'm really embarrassed that I just admitted that.
Have you ever read "Anne of Green Gables"?
a) If you haven't, repent and read the book. It will take you approximately 3 1/2 days.
b) I am Anne when it comes to imagining my life's tragedies.
One time, my family took a trip to Mount Vernon. I was about 14 years old. It was a rainy day (my very favorite) and we were walking around the gardens of Mount Vernon. At the edge of the front lawn, there was a large willow tree (another favorite) and a stone wall alongside. Not many people were at Mount Vernon that day and I sat on that wall for a long time overlooking the beautiful water and imagined how tragic my life was. I have never forgotten that place . . . or that feeling.
I'll be going to Mount Vernon this week with The Boy and I can't wait to sit under that tree again and imagine how awesome my life is . . . except it's totally true.
6 comments:
Carry on carry on to the Europe Trip Blogging Saga 2006...I'm a fan!
p.s. love the "i'm talking to myself" type commentary...funny stuff!
Have you ever noticed how you are usually the only person you comments on my blog? (and vice versa)
Well, my dear, comment on!
(or no one else will)
Yes I have noticed that! I figure I started this whole blogging thing because of you so why not keep each other going through comments. At least we sometimes have one little sentence to look forward to after our hard blogging efforts!
Hey! I comment on your blog! You never comment back to me though! Where ARE you?
Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»
Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»
Post a Comment