Did I ever tell you that I went to the James Taylor concert in Hartford, Connecticut this summer? I lost my concert virginity to that man. Oh heavens, it was incredible. I walked into that outdoor arena in July and wanted to die. We sat on the grass as we watched one of the world's best musicians play guitar and sing his terrific melodies in the dewey night. I had gotten my friend, Jason, and I lost for the first hour of the concert -- but it was still worth it. I was afraid that by the time I got there, he would have already sung "In My Mind I'm Going to Carolina". I kept praying that he wouldn't have already sung it. Just as Jason and I found our friends in their square of grass, James started singing the blessed song. He kept going with "Country Road", "Sweet Baby James", "Copperline" and "Never Die Young". I was so happy. I felt complete ecstasy!
2 comments:
concert virginity?
Yeah. He was my first. It was the most special night of my life.
Post a Comment