1.23.2006

A Blog About Food . . . again

Ok, so you've probably assumed by now that I am a food fanatic. Fanatic as in freak. Fanatic as in junkie. Fanatic as in "lover of food". Saturday night, I went to an Austrian restaurant called Stiegler's in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Wait, let me back up. One of my top favorite restaurants of all time is in SLC: Tuscany's (www.tuscanyslc.com). Tuscany's is in South Salt Lake. It is warm and romantic. It has light meals. It has a stone fireplace with dim candlelight. The food is divine and the kitchen is fabulous with wood-roaring ovens and rich smells. Stiegler's is like that. We drove up to the restaurant and walked inside the warm, dimly light room. Austrian darling, Peter, took us to the stone fireplace by the lodge window and pulled back my chair. He graciously helped me remove my cream, cashmere coat and we began looking at the menu filled with items such as Schlipfkrapfen, Wiener Schnitzel, Filet Tafelspitz, Jäger Rahm Schnitzel and Preiselbeer Chocolate Crêpe. We ordered caviar with lox for hors d'oeuvres and a delightful vegetable soup. I had Elk Filet Mignons Metternich (above) . . . elk steak with grilled apple, port lignonberry sauce, apricot compote and potato croquettes. Needless to say, we were very filled with an exceptional meal that I will not easily forget and you better believe that I would love to go there again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like an extraordinary adventure. I hardly beleived it, but then again it was you! See you in class tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

What time is dinner?