Today was a little better with the amount of customers we had. When I got to work, it was really rainy and overcast. Just before I arrived at the country club I thought, "No one will be golfing today." Yet, as I pulled into the parking lot, the member parking lot was almost full. There were quite a few customers in the Grille Room. Chad came in and made some tastings for a bridal shower. He made a poached salmon salad on mesculan with cherry tomatoes and toasted almonds. He also made the Asian salad which is Asian vegetables (shredded cabbage, peppers, carrots, etc.), lo mein, teriyaki chicken and this really yummy soy vinagrette. It's seriously really good dressing. I'll get it the next time I work and post it.
I thought some of you might be interested to know the Grille Room's dinner menu. Their appetizers include a roasted peaches and cream corn soup, steamed little neck clams, and shrimp cocktail. The entrees include seared Scottish salmon, Maine lobster (usually with basil butter), Miso Sake marinated organic chicken, grilled swordfish steak, sirloin steak, grilled loin of Colorado lamb and the chef special. The meals range between $20-$40. Mike, the sous chef, is usually in charge of the chef special. I ask him every day what it is just because I love to hear what he has come up with. He makes this red wine, garlic and basil butter to put on top of the sirloin steaks just before they are done. The butter just melts on top and creates a kind of sauce that's just enough flavor. Or, so I hear.
Last night, I went to see Batman Begins (really good!) with my friend, Emily Elliot. She's a new girl in my ward that I invited to hang out with me last week at church. She lives across the river from me and so we walked to Harvard Square and jumped onto the T to the theater. She's really nice and we had a good time. She's from Eager, Arizona and goes to Dartmouth. She's doing an internship with a law firm here in Boston for the summer. It was fun to go out.
No comments:
Post a Comment