6.16.2005

June 17, 2005 (IJ)

I just got back from the James Taylor concert in Hartford and it's really late. I might fall asleep while writing this, so if it doesn't make sense -- I apologize in advance. The concert was incredible. It was outdoors and we sat on the lawn while listening to one of the most flawless voices I've ever heard. He is a great performer. I'm a bigger fan than I thought I was.

I spent the day prepping for the Grille Room and doing orders in there. Once again, there was bad weather and not many customers. However, things are really supposed to pick up starting tomorrow. Hmmm. We'll see. Chad also asked me if I could work any Sundays. They are really understaffed for Father's Day and he asked if I could work on Sunday night. He looked so desperate and really hopeful, but I just told him that I couldn't. I said that I'd work any other day or night, but not Sundays. He said he understood, but I think he was kind of annoyed. Oh well. I care more about keeping the commandments.

I made a Buffalo chicken wrap with Blue cheese today for an order. The server came in later and said, "The customer with the wrap wanted me to tell you that it's the best Buffalo chicken wrap she's ever had." I was pretty flattered until I found out that she's 7 years old . . .

No comments: