Oy! Most of the time, I love living here but at the moment -- I'm anti-Beantown. Never mind, I just headed up my left over Indian food and now I'm happy to live in a place that provides cuisine this delectable. If only, I had some Naan . . .
Well, I was anti-Beantown because it took me 4 1/2 hours to run two errands. Both of which were very short and less than two miles away. If I knew all the skiwampus streets and one-way signs that dotted every corner I may have been able to do it in one hour. Anyway, the good part is I know a lot more about where I live. I finally got so frustrated with trying to drive to the place where I was going, that I drove back home, parked my car and got on the subway. Having public transportation at my fingertips is awesome. Too bad I don't use it very often. That's my new goal -- to go into the city more and take advantage of what's around me while I'm here. I feel a little bit more comfortable since I had Stephen here.
Today was Bobbi Jo's last day. She wasn't supposed to leave until Saturday, but she has all these doctor's appointments and has get a lot of work off so they decided to just call it quits now. I'm really sad. I love working with her. She's so patient and hardworking. I hope I'll see her even after she's gone.
So, it was me and Edvan in the Grille Room. The weather has been freezing the last couple of days! I can't understand it. This whole weekend, it was horribly hot. We were so sticky and gross and could hardly stand even being here. I had to take cold showers and couldn't even bring myself to turn on a blow dryer. I don't have air conditioning so it was pretty miserable. Now, it's really quite cool and glorious. I am definitely a cold weather person. ANYWAY, because the weather was so "crummy", we didn't have any customers in the Grille Room. Not one. So, Edvan and I pretty much just prepped for the weekend and talked. He totally has a crush on me. It's really funny. He and Juan tell me every day that I am "so beyoutifool". I won't lie, it makes me feel like a million bucks and I love being around them because of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment