Today is Memorial Day and I had to work. Yuck! I know I should be kind of grateful because they paid me time and a half as it is a national holiday. So, I made pretty good money and I have the day off tomorrow. Matthew and I are going to go to the science museum. It should be fun.
So, we opened The Grille Room for lunch today for the first time this season. Maintenance just filled the pool, gave the deck a new coat of paint and sent the lifeguards off into a semi-sunny day. They all seem to have great tans though! A pile of freshly laundered beach towels, a few deck chairs and iced teas were all they really needed to attract a ton of the members. Most of them were moms and their kids while the dads went golfing, but at lunch time most of them got together at The Grille Room. At lunch, we serve a variety of salads, sandwiches, hot dogs, burgers . . . all the normal sports bar/barbeque foods. At dinner, we serve more upscale foods like lobster, steaks and the really unique chef special of the day. Today, I helped Mike (the sous chef) with the chef special. He's an incredible chef! He made ying-yang salmon which is basically a portion of salmon fillet cut in half and shaped around each other so they form a circle. Then, you blanch leeks, cut them into strips, wrap it around and tie a string around it to hold it in place on the grill. Then he marianted them in lemon zest, olive oil, cilantro, garlic and mint. We also made a butter compound for the steaks that he would be grilling. We mixed up a pound of butter with freshly chopped basil, salt, pepper, tons of garlic and some red wine. Just as he is finishing off grilling the steaks, he said he would put some of that butter on and let it melt into the meat. Mmmmm. Doesn't that sound good? I love working with Mike. He's 21 and is really creative. He's very good at what he does. We talked about the church a lot today because of the red wine. I think I'm going to invite him to a fireside on Sunday.
That's about it. Anyone can make a comment or ask me a question. I'm okay with that. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment